Imagine all people who have taken the Spiritual Style Test as members of a "virtual monastery"—a web-based community of individuals encompassing many different spiritual styles and traditions. Since all of them have taken the Spiritual Style Test, they share a common language and a paradigm that helps them interact in ways that stimulate mutual learning and inspire spiritual growth.
This website connects you with all necessary tools to make this kind of "monastery" a reality:
- The Spiritual Style Test as eTest, which makes it easier than ever before to take the test in larger groups of people, in which you will discover representatives of all nine styles. Once these people have been identified, the website helps you to launch processes of mutual learning. The eTest option will be particularly attractive for those who are interested in discovering their spiritual style, but are not necessarily motivated to study extensive books.
- All of the tools on this website reflect experiences based on work with more than 70,000 churches in more than 80 countries and 100 denominations around the globe. The Spiritual Style Test—and the NCD Community as a whole—doesn’t try to win you for one specific model of building the church, but strives to support you to become more effective, whatever your starting point and goals may be.
- Processes of Mutual Mentoring are at the heart of the Trinitarian Monastery. You can apply Mutual Mentoring both in the area of your native spiritual style, and—once you are secure enough in your own spirituality—in the styles opposite to your own. Mutual Mentoring can be conducted both with members of your own church and beyond.
- The website shows you how to make spiritual style discovery a church-wide endeavor. You don’t have to stretch out to other denominations in order to discover those styles you may not be familiar with. Conduct the Spiritual Style Test with thirty people in your own church, and the chances are high that you will discover representatives of all nine spiritual styles.
- Never before has it been as easy to share your spiritual experiences with others, and to invite others into the process. You can decide yourself whether you would like to focus on people within your own church, movement, or country, or whether you would like to move beyond those boundaries.
- This website provides all necessary tools for the Passion Compass—a powerful spiritual exercise that can be conducted on the level of a small group, a local church, or even a conference with several thousand participants.
The Trinitarian Monastery has been designed to unburden the local church. It is unrealistic to expect every church to support all nine spiritual styles at the same time and with the same consistency. Through the Trinitarian Monastery this task can be “outsourced,” so to speak. With the help of this website, a church can support its members even in those areas that are not its own spiritual strengths.
All of the features mentioned above are already available, and can be put into practice right away. For the future, as soon as a sufficient number of people have taken the Spiritual Style Test, we will be able to provide even more ways of web-based learning that will demonstrate how the body of Christ can function at its best within an increasingly globalized world.