Helping your small group, team, or congregation discover their gifts will release a new level of effectiveness in your church. Those involved in this process will experience God working in and through their lives in a fresh and fruitful way. The Gift Test makes this challenge an exciting, simple, and inexpensive exercise.
Below you will find step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process that will result in your Gift Test participants receiving their own Personal Gift Profiles. It will also automatically deliver copies of those profiles back to you (as the sponsor of the process) so that you can produce a Group Gift Profile, giving you the big picture of the gifts available to your group or congregation. In addition, you will find below some optional suggestions for enhancing the overall experience even further.
If you would like to proceed with this process, you'll want to refer to this instruction page at various times along the way. So, bookmark this page in your web browser, using its bookmark icon or bookmark menu at the top of your screen.
- Visit the intro page for the Gift Test to see a sample of the Personal Gift Profile. You may like to share that page with others who should be involved in the decision-making processes.
- Obtain sufficient eTest tokens for your group. You will need 1 token for each person who wishes to discover their gifts. Significant volume discounts apply. View volume discounts and obtain tokens.
- Collect the names and email addresses of those who will be taking the Gift Test. If you don't already have those details, you could ask all those involved to send you an email to an email address you specify. That way you will have their email address in the "From" field of the email they send to you.
- Make sure that you are logged in to your account on the "3 Color World" website.
- Having collected a list of names and email addresses, invite them to take the Gift Test. The test involves the participant completing their own Gift Test questions as well as inviting two or more people to complete a short survey for them to provide an external perspective. Whenever someone completes their Gift Test, you will receive a notification via email and their result will automatically be shared back to your account, since you are the sponsor of the exercise. The invitation email lets people know that this will happen. While the Gift Test doesn't take all that long to complete, due to some people being a little slow to respond to invitations, be sure to invite people to take the test with plenty of lead time, in case you would like to have all of the results ready by a particular date. Once you have sent your invitations, you can monitor their acceptance.
- Once all of the participants have completed their test (or as many as you expect will complete it), you can produce a group profile combining all the results, or specific groups of results, with the help of the Advanced Profile option. Producing that group profile will cost one additional token (see point 2).
- If you and a few others will be meeting with people to discuss their Personal Gift Profiles, you will find it very helpful to have a copy of The 3 Colors of Ministry book. It includes descriptions of all of the gifts you may encounter during those discussions as well as further implementation ideas and teaching. It also includes a comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions section that may help you if you encounter any resistance to a gift-based ministry approach. The book is available in paperback format, and always includes the code for one eTest for free.
- If you or someone else would like to present a seminar or a sermon series on the topic of spiritual gifts, make use of The 3 Colors of Ministry book for ideas about the points you would like to cover. If you would like to make use of visuals to enhance the series, look at the resources available on the Presentations & Artwork page.